Wednesday 25 August 2010

strike match light fire, who's that girl called Maya.

M.I.A aka Maya.

One of my favourite artist.

She adds creativity into her songs and her style.

Known for her outspoken lyrics and her bamboo banging beatzz.

It easy to tell that she is influence by her Sri Lankan roots; phrases sung in her language, strong beliefs in war and poverty and the foot tapping tribal drum beats.

Her second album Kala is in the top 5 of the greatest album I have ever laid my hands on. Hit after hit after hit.

Songs you can sing to, songs you can relax to and songs you can dance to.

I haven't brought her new album yet, /\/\ /\ Y /\ (Maya), but I will do very soon. Even though I haven't heard all of the songs I can tell it will be another success.

Her single, on /\/\ /\ Y /\, "XXXO" feat. Jay-Z was a tuuneee the first time I heard it. Catchy lines like "cos you been tweeting me like tweety bird" and "you want me be, somebody who I'm really not".

"Born Free", at first I wasn't too keen on the song to be honest. Maybe I wasn't open minded to loud heavy rock sounds from her, I think I was too used her "other" genre. But the second time I listened to it, WOW, it was over powering! The song was a head banging, fist pumping, boycott of living by the rules!





Well, I guess I have done a pretty good job on reviewing a fantastic artist. And fingers crossed I might have convinced someone out their to listen to her incredible "musak"!













No comments:

Post a Comment

love your comments, gives me more amazing blogs to follow ;)